Teaching yoga to children goes way beyond asana, playing games or telling stories. In addition to building flexibility, strength and balance, it builds a necessary base for a lifetime of self-care and mindfulness.
Whether you teach yoga, dance, music, academics or sports – this training is a must for complementing your program and the children whose lives you touch. All that is required is a committed, personal yoga practice and a teaching certification of some kind (e.g. yoga, music, dance, education, coaching).
For a current schedule of teacher training workshops, contact Terriann at 763-742-4540.
- Chair Yoga for School.
Learn to teach children to adapt, apply and modify yoga methods for school (or anywhere!)
- How to Teach Children to Connect the Mind and the Body
Teaching children to value and exercise the skill of integrating the mind, body and spirit is the cornerstone of teaching children. During this session you will be taught methods for helping children learn and access the practice for healthful living.
- Teaching Breath Work to Children
Whether it is for better stamina, singing, meditation, stress management, asthma or yoga (to name a few) teaching a child breath work is a gift for life. Learn creative and age appropriate ways to teach children the skill.
- Teaching Yoga To Children ages 2 to 10
You will leave this training with a suitcase full of tools, ideas, stories, songs, resources and case studies that can be adapted to your particular setting and needs. This training will cover:
- How to efficiently and effectively assess class needs and set objectives
- Structuring and sequencing a class for various ages and special populations
- How to maximize the use of storytelling and song for asana and teaching yogic principals
- How to incorporate breath-work and mindfulness into each class
- Utilizing “Mind-Body-Spirit” motivation for teaching and learning
- Setting up a kids program for greatest impact and student/family retention/li>
- Teaching Yoga to Tweens: Beyond Asana
Many youth today are drawn to the “buzz about yoga”. They come to yoga for cross training, fitness, weight control, flexibility or cool poses to show their friends. Can we as their teachers offer them more? Absolutely.
When we teach beyond asana we help young people find balance despite the pressures to perform and despite the intense changes they are experiencing. Learning body awareness, self care and stress management through yoga empowers young people to take charge of themselves through compassionate self discipline. In this training you will learn how to:
- Use asana to teach students compassionate self-discipline
- Guide and aid students in developing a realistic and healthy self image
- Empower your students to sequence their own practice for a lifetime of self care – anywhere, anytime
- Teach breathing practices for optimum health and stress relief
- How to spot and appropriately address “red flags”
- How to teach cooperation and compassion in the class or studio